With Brighton Pride fast approaching, the city will begin to attract more and more visitors. Many of which will need places to stay. With hotels already filling up some may turn to camping in and around the city! Although you may be tempted to try and sleep on the beach we wouldn’t advise it.
Here are a few of the places you can pitch a tent in Brighton:
- Just out of town is YHA Truleigh Hill, this quaint little hostel offers camping for as little as £12.99.
- Slightly further away the National Trust offer free camping in Amberley.
- In the city there is a pop-up campsite which costs £15.00 per adult per night if you bring your own tent or you can hire a bell tent from them or a canvas chill out teepee, both of these come at a much higher cost. They also have pop-up by the river in Shoreham-on-Sea.
- The Caravan and Motorhome Club, located in East Brighton Park, offers camping for as much as £10.00 with electricity in the summer. Non-members are welcome.
- In the South Downs there is Housedean Farm campsite, which is absolutely stunning and offers camping for £12.00 per adult per night.
- Also in the South Downs, Blackberry Wood has places for you to pitch your tent, but the awesome thing about this location is really the tree houses they offer which may be good for a romantic weekend away.
So whether you are looking to bring out your wellies to survive a weekend of camping, or you’re looking for something a little closer to glamping Brighton has you covered.