French Goat Cheese And Courgette Quiche!
Sometimes it can become a bit boring to keep cooking the same recipes over and over again. Trying out recipes from other countries is a great way to make your cooking more varied and earn you some nice compliments from family and friends! Here is how to prepare a French goat cheese and courgette quiche!
What you’ll need:
1 ready-made shortcrust pastry
3 big courgettes
150g goat cream cheese
4 tablespoons creme fraiche with herbs
4 branches of fresh mint (or 4 teaspoons of dried mint herbs)
salt and pepper
How to do it:
- Wash courgettes and chop them into thin round slices before putting them into boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C 9 (fan heat). Unroll the pastry and place into a quiche tray lined with baking paper. Make sure that the pastry covers the entire tray but doesn’t jut over the edge.
- In a large salad bowl, beat the eggs and mix with creme fraiche and goat cheese. Season with salt, pepper and mint.
- Spread the courgette slices on the pastry so that they overlap one another and form circles on the pastry (see picture).
- Pour the egg and creme fraiche mixture on top. Make sure everything is well covered with the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
Serve hot with a nice green salad.