Going gluten and dairy free I have missed my beloved chicken kiev’s, this recipe adapted from BBC Good Food has given me a similar taste and it is hearty and makes the house smell divine. Paired with some roasted new potatoes and broad beans it makes for a wonderfully well balanced meal.
- Chicken Breast
- 2 Crushed Chopped Garlic
- Mixed Herbs
- Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (I used Morrisons own brand)
- New Potatoes
- Broad Beans
- Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees. Line a baking tray with foil and lay the sliced chicken breast on it.
- In a bowl mix some mayonnaise (about 3 tablespoons), a crushed garlic and some mixed herbs to create a sauce.
- Lather this on top of the chicken breast thickly and then sprinkle on the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the preheated oven.
- Quickly chop the new potatoes in half, place on a baking tray, sprinkle left over garlic and mixed herbs over the potatoes and shake around in the tray with a dash of sunflower oil.
- Place in the oven. Cook for about 30 mins.
- In a saucepan bring some water to the boil. Slice the broad beans and place in the boiling water for about 15 minutes till soft.
- Check to make sure the potatoes are nicely browned and cooked through when removing from the oven. By this time the chicken should be well done too but just to be sure check the meat in the middle is not pink. Should still be moist and not dry however.
- Drain beans and serve on a plate with the chicken and potatoes.