GF Dinners: Peppercorn Crusted Steak and Creamy Chicken Rice
Craving a steak with peppercorn sauce? But can’t find anything gluten or dairy free? This is a great alternative! Instead of mashed potato we replaced it with a creamy chicken rice and peas to ensure the meal isn’t extremely dry.
- Crushed Peppercorns
- Two Filet Mignon Medallions of Steak
- GF Chicken Stock
- Vegetable Oil
- Create a chicken stock and place in a saucepan and add your rice. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Put the crushed peppercorns in a bowl, roll the sides of the steak into them coating the rim of your medallions. Sprinkle the steaks with some salt.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot, sear the steak for a couple of minutes on each side. Only turn once or the juices in the steak will leak leaving you with a more dry meat. I like to sear off the rim as well and then I reduce the heat on the stove and leave to cook for a few more minutes. I like my steak medium rare so I don’t cook it for too long. Once they are your desired amount of cooked, moved off of the heat to rest.
- Your rice should be almost cooked by now, add a little more water and your peas to the rice stir in and the rice should have a creamy consistency. The peas should cook rather quickly maybe 3 minutes. Test to be sure.
- Then serve! Enjoy your GF version of peppercorn steak!