GF Dinners: Smokey Paprika Chicken Sausages
What’s on the menu tonight: Smokey paprika chicken sausages with smashed potatoes, caramelised onions, asparagus and honey mustard sauce.
This recipe is so good for those grey evenings, when its warm but the night is dark and cloudy. Thunder and lightning storms are looming and you just want to crawl under your duvet and watch a movie. So I bring you a slightly elevated version of bangers and mash…
- Heck Smokey Paprika Chicken Sausages (GF and Dairy-Free)
- New potatoes
- Sliced onion
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Dairy Free Butter
- Pour some boiling water into a saucepan over the hob and add as many new potatoes as you’d like. Remember we will be mashing these down later so it’ll be reduced to less food. Heat over a medium heat until when you stick a fork into the potato it cracks or slides easily off of it.
- In a separate pan, place a knob of butter and add you finely sliced onions on a low heat. Make sure not to burn them.
- In a frying pan heat some oil and add the sausages over a medium heat. I love these GF sausages from Heck, they also do a variety of different flavours and meats.
- When your onions are soft add in the asparagus and let them cook and soak up the flavour from the onions.
- In a small bowl create the honey mustard sauce. I use this one from Martha Stewart and replace the butter with a dairy free version and I prefer whole grain dijon mustard because I love mustard seeds.
- When the potatoes are cooked take them off of the heat, drain and place back in the saucepan. Add two teaspoons of dairy free butter and mash. The mash won’t be perfectly smooth because you still have the skins of the potatoes, this gives it a more rustic texture.
- By this point the sausages and veg should be well browned and cooked thoroughly. Be sure to check in the middle of the sausages that they aren’t raw. If they are done, it is time to serve!