GF Dinners: Sweet Potato Curried Rice
Sweet potato in contrast to the spice in this curry it the perfect combination. It is cool and smooth and gives a different texture to the grains of rice. This recipe is also completely dairy and egg free making it perfect for Vegans and Vegetarians.
- Brown Rice
- Sweet Potato
- Chopped Onion
- Sunflower Oil
- Pinch of sugar and pinch of salt
- Chopped Garlic
- Chopped Ginger
- Half a teaspoons of turmeric
- Half a tablespoon of mild Curry powder
- Two tins of chopped tomatoes
- Boil some water in a pan, and add your brown rice.
- Peel and chop your sweet potato into cubes and put into a preheated oven of 180 degrees.
- In a deep frying pan, heat your sunflower oil and caramelise your onions, add the sugar and the salt. Add in the garlic and ginger once the onions are cooked. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, turmeric and curry powder. Taste and add different components accordingly.
- The sweet potato and rice should be cooked so remove from the oven and drain the rice. Tasting to make sure both are cooked. The sweet potato will have a nice and caramalised taste to it.
- Add these (sweet potato and rice) to the tomato curry sauce on a low heat. Add some handfuls of spinach, when wilted this will be ready to serve!