Believe it or not but today is the official Blueberry Muffin Day! What better way to celebrate it than surprising your family and friends with a tray of delicious blueberry muffins that will have everyone scream for more? Here is our favourite recipe for delicious light blueberry muffins like grandma used to do them!
What you’ll need:
100 g of butter or margarine
3 eggs (medium sized)
200g of sugar
200ml of semi-skimmed milk
330g of plain white flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 a teaspoon of salt
1 organic orange (you need the grated peel)
250g of blueberries (best to use fresh ones but frozen ones work as well)
icing sugar to dust the muffins with
Ingredients make up for 18 little muffins.
How to do:
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Line muffin tray with paper muffin cases (Tip: Put a little butter in the muffin holes first. It prevents the muffin cases from sliding around when you fill in the mixture.)
- Over medium heat, melt butter (or margarine) in a saucepan and let cool down.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs before adding melted butter, sugar and milk. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder and salt and mix well before adding to egg mixture.
- Mix shortly until all the ingredients are well combined. At the end, stir in the blueberries and the grated orange peel.
- Dispense the mixture into the muffin tray. Make sure not to put too much into each hole. It works best if you fill 3/4 of each muffin case.
- Sprinkle a little bit of icing sugar on top of each muffin before putting them into the oven.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until they start to crack open at the top. Let them cool out for 5 – 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin tray.
- If you want: sprinkle with some more icing sugar before serving them.
Bon appetit and happy blueberry muffin day!
Featured Image taken from here.