Nutella Brownies – Happy World Nutella Day!
Did you know today is officially the best day of the year? Okay, not officially the best day of the year but it should be because it is World Nutella Day. Today you have the perfect excuse to eat Nutella, from the jar with a spoon. But in case you actually want to bake something, here is a great Nutella Brownie recipe from the one and only Nigella Lawson. It’s easy, delicious and the perfect way to end the week.
4 large eggs
pinch fine sea salt
250ml (270g) Nutella
½ tsp icing sugar
1 x 20cm square cake tin
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of your cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, then add the salt and beat, using a freestanding mixer with the whisk attachment or electric handheld whisk, until they have more than doubled in size and are pale, aerated and mousse-like; this will take about 5 minutes.
3. Measure the Nutella into a microwave-safe jug, filling it up to the 250ml mark, and microwave for 1 minute at 750 watts. Or you can soften it in a heatproof bowl over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm and slightly runny.
4. Stir the heated Nutella, then pour it in a continuous thin stream on to the eggs, whisking as you go, until all the Nutella is combined. This will knock the volume out of the eggs quite a bit, but don’t worry about it.
5. Pour this mixture into your prepared cake tin and bake for 17– to 20 minutes, by which time the top will be dry, and the middle tender but set in a slightly jellied fashion.
6. Leave to cool completely in the tin; the mixture will shrink away from the sides a little as it does. Once cool, cut it into 16 squares, arrange them on a plate and dust with a little icing sugar pressed through a fine tea strainer or sieve.
recipe from goodfood.com
feature image: Nutella.com