Paul Withers convicted for the murder of Lauren Masters.
Paul Withers, 22, of Bexhill has today been found guilty at Hove Crown Court for the murder of his former partner Lauren Masters, 20, in August of last year. Withers has been convicted following th jury finding him guilty of stabbing Lauren 23 times following an argument in her kitchen. Their two young children were believed to have been in the flat at the time of the murder.
Withers fled the scene shortly before officers, paramedics and a surgeon who was flown in by emergency helicopter attempted to resuscitate the young mother of two. Withers who frantically ran from three different family members addresses in an attempt to hide evidence during that night had pleaded not guilty to the murder of Lauren.
Lauren’s family said: “Today we feel that justice has been served in time we hope that the pain of her passing will lessen and that we can move forward. We will never forget Lauren. She will be in our hearts and our thoughts every single day and she will be missed dearly by all who loved her.”
Police still seeking for witnesses after pedestrian fatality following Chichester car collision.
Police are still searching for witnesses nearly a week on from a collision in Chichester on Wednesday (20 July) in which a pedestrian tragically has lost their life. Shortly after 11.30am on Wednesday (20 July) a local man aged 64, was flown to St George’s Hospital, Tooting, London, by the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance but died less than 24 hours later as a result of collision.
The car in question was a red Kia Venga, it was driven by a couple from Bognor Regis a 77-year-old male and 83 year-old-old female who were both unhurt.
Anyone who saw what happened or who may have other information concerning the collision is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 101, quoting Operation Pincushion.
Kenneth Lloyd missing from care home in Worthing.
60-year-old Kenneth Lloyd has been reported as missing from Sunkist Care Home, Winchester Road, Worthing. Kenneth who left the care home on Wednesday afternoon (20 July) to go shopping hasn’t returned despite being expected back that evening.
Kenneth was last seen wearing a black zip-up hoody and blue jeans, he is also 5’8″, with a beard and white.
Detective Constable Graham Milner said; “We are concerned for Kenneth’s welfare. This is the first time he has gone missing. He needs his medication and without it his manner can appear distracted and erratic, so we advise anyone who spots him not to approach him but to let us know.
“However there is no evidence at this time that he poses a specific threat to the public. He does not have any means of support with him, such as other clothing or cash, although he does have a mobile phone and bus pass. He may travel to the Guildford area of Surrey where he used to live and where members of his family live.
“Anyone who sees him or who knows where he might be, is asked to contact us right away via 101 or 999, quoting serial 15 of 21/07.