There are some surprising inclusions on the list.
The Food Standards Agency have released a list compiling the lowest rated establishments based on hygiene in Brighton.
They have a scale of 0-5, with 2 or below not satisfactory.
0 is marked as “urgent improvement is required”. 1 is “major improvement is necessary”. Finally, 2 is “some improvement is necessary”.
So take a read of this list to see which establishments aren’t cutting it!
Luckily, there are few establishments with the dreaded 0 rating:
- E-Kagen, inspected January 5th 2018
- Tealicious Bar, inspected April 26th 2018
However, there are many establishments with a not too reassuring 1 rating:
- Bangkok Express, inspected March 12th 2018
- Brewed, inspected January 29th 2018
- Cafe Diva, inspected January 25th 2018
- Cheese and Toast, inspected January 23rd 2018
- Chopstick Express, inspected March 27th 2018
- Corner Cafe, inspected January 30th 2018
- Figaro’s, inspected January 30th 2018
- Frandzo Peri Peri, inspected January 23rd 2018
- Green Tomato, inspected March 29th 2018
- Hollywood Bowl, April 11th 2018
- Kebab House, inspected March 27th 2018
- Little Plate at The Craft Beer Pub, inspected May 10th 2018
- Magik Wok, inspected February 7th 2018
- Martha’s Kitchen and Bar, inspected March 14th 2018
- Morris Neighbourhood Stores, inspected January 30th 2018
- New Cosmopolitan, inspected April 30th 2018
- Posh Nosh, inspected February 26th 2018
- Shahi Tandoori Takeaway, inspected January 30th 2018
- Solera De Tapa, inspected April 18th 2018
- Wing Hong, inspected March 28th 2018
Quite a few businesses rated at 2, a somewhat respectable, though vastly improvable rating:
- Balti Express, inspected January 29th 2018
- Bar Revenge, inspected January 25th 2018
- Bona Foodie, inspected January 11th 2018
- Brinjal’s, inspected January 30th 2018
- Dial A Pizza Convenience, inspected February 13th 2018
- Elizabethan Tandoori Restaurant, inspected February 5th 2018
- Happy Inn, inspected January 30th 2018
- My Coffee Story, inspected April 25th 2018
- Oriental Palace, inspected March 5th 2018
- The Eddy, inspected January 12th 2018
- The Jolly Brewer Beer House, inspected January 17th 2018
- The Marwood Bar and Coffeehouse, inspected January 18th 2018
- The Queen Victoria, inspected April 26th 2018
- Wai Kika Moo Kau, inspected January 11th 2018
While we love many of the businesses listed, it’s always good to be aware of an establishments operations.