All Brighton residents know that the city is the epitome of weird and wonderful – you can’t go two steps without witnessing another example of how incredibly bonkers it is.
One smart person decided to not let any of Brighton’s curiosities go unseen, and hence the ‘Keep Brighton Weird’ Facebook page was created. Members can post photos of all the quirky things they see around town to keep fellow weird Brightonians in the loop.
Naturally, after having a hefty scroll through the page, we decided we had to culminate the weirdest of the weird, so here you have: The Top 10 Photos on Keep Brighton Weird.
10. A gentle reminder to Brighton residents…
9. The smallest of achievements are celebrated on Keep Brighton Weird – here we have a youngster’s first parallel park.
8. You may have seen our recent article on Brighton’s blue plaques, but we somehow managed to miss this one off the list. Never fear, Keep Brighton Weird leaves no plaque behind.
7. Captioned “Weird things going on at Willbury Avenue…”, but we think this fella was just showing his patriotic side.
6. Odd animal photos are aplenty on Keep Brighton Weird – this one of two dogs clearly off to a very formal affair was our favourite though.
5. Dog walkers at Stanmer Park have been offered a little bit of friendly fitness advice…
4. This genius had the perfect way of keeping date night cheap: “Too poor for Chilli Pickle?
Never worry, go behind to the tasty air vent and sniff your way to your perfect date night.”
3. Even in Brighton, cycling in the sea is a tad odd. Each to their own though.
2. This was a pretty strong contender for the top spot, but lost marks for sheer gruesomeness – just when you thought Brighton’s seagulls couldn’t get any worse.
1. And now for Number 1. Anyone who’s been around the Lewes Road area recently will have witnessed the gorgeous tag courtesy of ‘Barely Alive Clive’ popping up on every road/wall/door in sight, but in true Brighton style, one resident decided to give the artist the credit he truly deserved. Never change, Brighton.