This spin on the classic butterfly cupcake makes for the cutest sweet treat that kids and adults alike will love. The chocolate butterfly cake with chocolate buttercream icing is the perfect middle between rich and chocolatey. Read on for the recipe…
- 110g Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 75g Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder
For the icing:
- 75g Butter
- 175g Icing Sugar
- 45g Cocoa Powder
- 20g Milk
- Unicorn decorations or another fondant decoration of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line baking tray with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Shift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the mixture.
- When smooth divide mixture into cupcake cases, filling each case about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the icing combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add in the milk slowly to reach your desired consistency.
- When the cakes have cooled, using a teaspoon scoop out the middle of the cake like you would with a boiled egg to create a well. Set aside the tops of the cakes on a plate nearby.
- In the well of the cake place a teaspoon of icing.
- Cut the cake tops in half to create wings, and then place the wings on top of the icing.
- Shift some of the remaining icing over the cakes for a pretty fairy dusted finish and place your unicorn decorations between the wings.
- The cakes are ready to be eaten!
Recipe based off of this one.