For this ‘What’s In Your Handbag?’ feature, Bjournal spoke to Sophie Churcher who runs jumblestyleblog. After finishing university and moving to Brighton, Sophie decided to combine her love of writing, Brighton and her penchant for second hand clothes and create an amazing blog packed full of amazing lifestyle tips, from second hand clothing to DIY. Her style is impeccable and we envy her ability to find an incredible bargain.
How did you come about starting your blog? I’ve always loved second-hand shopping so decided to start blogging about my thrifty purchases — it seemed like a nice little spin on style blogging. I’ve only recently started posting regularly, and have begun to incorporate bits of DIY which I love. Having a full time job means I have to squeeze posts in at the weekends, but I think it’s easy to make time for something you enjoy.
What’s in your handbag?
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. I rarely leave the house without this. I use it primarily as a lip balm, but it’s great for any dry skin or adding a little sheen to your cheekbones.
- Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm
- Purse by Tiddy Wade. I got this in TK Maxx and just love the colour.
- Hair ties & clips
- Cath Kidston travel card holder. I travel to and from London a lot, so always have my travel card, oyster card etc. on me.
- Gelish cuticle oil — so necessary in this cold weather!
- Pocket mirror
- The Body Shop hand cream. I absolutely love these hand creams — they’re so reasonable and smell amazing.
- Makeup bag
Do you have any DIY tips for DIY beginners? Use Youtube! I’ve recently bought a sewing machine and had literally no idea how to use one, but watching Youtube tutorials really helped me out. No matter what you’re trying to make, there are so many easy-to-follow videos out there.
Where do you find most of your second hand clothes? Charity shops. Although I love vintage and second-hand shops, I find charity shopping a lot more satisfying. But if you don’t like rummaging, it probably isn’t for you.
What is your favourite piece you’ve found second hand? Ahh that’s tough! It probably has to be this suede jacket. I’ve just got so much wear out of it and it only cost about a fiver.
Do you have any beauty products you simply can’t live without? The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream I mentioned above. And I love a good liquid eyeliner.
And finally, what is your favourite thing about Brighton? Can I pick two things? The proximity of everything and the food scene. There are so many great restaurants, markets and food festivals, and I love that even vegetarians are spoilt for choice!
all photos belong to Sophie Churcher and have been taken from jumblestyleblog.com