6 Unusual Things You Can Do With An Avocado
Avocado’s have been named Instagram’s ‘most annoying food’ and although the fruit is best known in guacamole, it is surprisingly versatile. Check out different ways to use an avocado, ranging from drinking it to rubbing it on your face!
1. PUT IT IN YOUR HAIR – Mix together an avocado, teaspoon of olive oil and an egg into a paste. Put the mixture through the ends of dry hair replicating a conditioner and leave for up to 30 minutes. Your hair will be soft and silky.
2. FREEZE IT – Ditch your usual carton of ice cream and try an avocado iced treat. Blend an avocado, banana, a small tin of coconut milk and squeeze a bit of lemon. Freeze the mixture into a refreshing sorbet, full of fruity flavours with a creamy texture.
3. DRINK IT – Blend an avocado, a pear, a handful of spinach and a bit of almond milk for a healthy smoothie.
4. STUFF IT IN A CHICKEN – Replace stuffing with peeled avocado in your roast chicken as a healthy alternative.
5. RUB IT ON YOUR FACE – Why not make a face – mask for your skin? Just mix together an egg white, avocado and a squeeze of lemon juice. Wear it on your face for up to 10 minutes, it will give you the benefits of both A and E to your skin.
6. MAKE IT A COCKTAIL – Combined together an avocado, a glass of rum, squeeze some lime juice. Add some ice cubes and you’ve got yourself an avocado daiquiri.