Chocolate energy bites!
I hope you’re having a really lovely week so far.
As you can probably tell from my couple of posts so far, I have a massive sweet tooth and if I have a day off, you’ll most definitely find me in the kitchen trying out new concoctions that can help satisfy my cravings. recently I whipped up these little energy bites out of a few simple ingredients. Not only do they help fulfil sugar cravings, but also, they add some goodness to your body too!
They’re perfect for pre/post workout as they’re loaded with energy or just with a nice cuppa curled up on the sofa! Also, they’re really handy and they’re freezer-friendly and I always make sure I have a batch saved for when the sweet tooth rears it’s tempting head!
- 150g of a mix of walnuts and cashew nuts
- 250g of soaked dates (place dates in a cereal bowl and cover with some kettle water. Reserve the water they were soaked in.)
- 1 tbsp of 100% pure maple syrup
- around 2 tbsp of 100% pure cacao powder (you could used dark chocholate power
- and a splash of the date-y water the dates were soaking in.
- Add all of the above ingredients to a blender/food processor.
- Blend together, slowly adding a little of the water the dates were soaking in when necessary to help the process.
- Once all of the ingredients are incorporated, roll into balls.
- Next, roll the balls in your desired topping/coating.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour, or the freezer for about half.
Its really that simple! These taste amazing as they are, or, other flavour combinations could include: maca, cinnamon, lucuma or chia. The choices are endless and I encourage you to get inspired and release your creative bug!
Let me know how you get on, and I hope your week continues to be great!
GOJI BERRIES: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RealFoodSource-Goji-Berries-Preservatives-Sulphites/dp/B00BIUKO5W/ref=pd_bxgy_325_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TEM1577H90GP55YFGASN
CACAO NIBS: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RealFoodSource-Certified-Organic-Peruvian-Criollo/dp/B00CCG4B00/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471805948&sr=8-7&keywords=cacao+nibs
PEANUT BUTTER POWDER: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fit-Peanut-Butter-Powder-425g/dp/B00KDCCYEA/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1471806094&sr=1-2&keywords=pb+fit