Party with a purpose at Safe As Disco
Safe As Disco is a disco party with the purpose to raise money for homeless people in Brighton and Sussex. At this joyful night you can expect feel-good disco classics, crazy golf, fortune tellers, amazing auction prizes, a fabulous raffle, guest DJS and “plenty of drinking, dancing and revelry”. All of the proceeds will be going to various homeless charities in Sussex, so get down and have a boogy for a great cause.
The theme this year is Come As Your Teenage Fantasy, so it’s also a great excuse to feel good in a costume that you’ve always wanted to wear.
There are some amazing prizes up for grabs at the raffle, called the ‘Naffle’.
- Jazz singing lessons with Claire Martin (OBE)
- Tickets for Robbie Williams
- Exclusive original snake art sculpture piece from sculpture and taxidermist Polly Morgan
- Dinner for two at Brighton’s Salt Room Resturant
- Two Liadro porcelain figures
- ‘Laugh While Leaving’ print by Roxanna Halls (valued at £180)
- Signed framed poster from Norman Cook
- Drumming lessons from Al Murray (yes really)
- Through It I’ve Always Laughed: Memoirs of Count Arthur Strong
- Chocolate making lessons for four people at Choc Chick Kit (can be vegan)
- Tarot reading and afternoon tea at the Grand with celebrity astrologer Jessica Adams
This list doesn’t include the amazing auction prizes that will also be available on the night. Prizes for this include a hot air balloon ride for two across the South Downs, Tea for two at the house of commons with PM Jess Philips, an opportunity to be immortalised in best selling author Peter James’s next whodunnit thriller, A champagne lunch with journalist Julie Burchill and actress Julie Graham at the Ivy in Brighton and lunch with Judge Rinder!
The event will take place at Norman Cook’s Big Beach Cafe, from 8 pm until 1 am on Friday the 5th of July. Tickets are available here.
You can check out the Facebook Event Page here.
You can make additional donations to the cause on the Crowdfunding Page, the link is available here.
Featured image: Pixabay