Really simple tofu scramble!
I hope you’ve had another productive, joyful week!
Today I’m bringing you a really tasty breakfast-brunch recipe – tofu scramble! This is something I’ve seen online so so much, but always thought it looked too complicated to make myself… until I actually did! Now, it’s a staple to my weekend diet. With 3 key ingredients, plus a little seasoning, it’s so quick to pull together when you want a little breakfast treat. Try pairing it with some fresh sourdough toast and veggie sausages for the perfect animal-product free ‘fry-up’.
If you try this recipe out, make sure you lemmi know over on @olimatafitnessuk , I’d love to see how you get on!!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Medium block of hard tofu (about 300g)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast (you can use more or less depending on how ‘cheesy’ you like the eggs)
- Dairy-free milk; to texture preference
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: garlic salt/powder/herbs of your choice
- Heat oil in a pan, at a medium tempterature
- Crumble tofu into ‘scramble-like’ pieces, directly into the pan
- Fry for 20-30 seconds
- Add nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, pepper and garlic/any other herbs if you choose to add them
- Fry for another 20 seconds
- Pour in dairy free milk; a little at first, adding more to adjust the mixture to your preffered ‘egg’ consistency. You can make this as wet or dry as you like.
- Continue heating through until all of the ingredients are incorporated and yellow from the turmeric
- Remove from the pan and serve with your desired sides.
Note to you – you can get really creative with each of the additional ingredients/spices. Really create the egg consistency and flavour to how you love it!!
Blessing and good vibes,