Following our recent post on Gluten Free cake, Gluten Free dinners seemed like the reasonable follow up. To kick off this series we have a stir fry recipe. This light and well balanced meal is easy and made from whole foods and things you already have in your cupboard! It combines the crunch of the vegetables with the sweet and savoury beef over the soft rice noodles to make a light but filling dinner for all.
Honey Sesame Beef Stir Fry:
Approx. Time: 35 Minutes
- Sliced Beef
- Rice Noodles
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Spring Onion
- Bok Choy
- Sesame Seeds
- Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Boiling water
- In a frying pan place a tablespoon of sesame oil, add your chopped garlic and ginger and leave on a medium heat but be careful as you do not want to burn your garlic and ginger.
- Add your sliced beef to the pan. When cooked add the sesame seeds, a dash of honey and a splash of soy sauce and turn to a very low heat and let it simmer.
- Whilst your beef is cooking, in another pan add a teaspoon or two of sesame oil and the broccoli, snap peas, onion and bok choy or your desired vegetables. Then pour over a small amount of boiling water (about 3 tablespoons) and cover with a lid to steam the vegetables on a low to medium heat.
- Once the beef has a sticky glaze remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl place the rice noodles and pour over boiling water and wait for approximately 3 minutes until the noodles are soft and then drain them.
- Once the water has evaporated from the vegetable saucepan check to see if they are cooked, they will still have a slight crunch. If they are cooked remove from heat but if not add more water to steam them until they are.
- Serve the dish by placing the noodles in a bowl, with the vegetables and the beef on top.