How often does it happen that we totally forget that we were supposed to bake a cake for a birthday party we are invited to or have our own party to host and get stressed because there is so much left to do? Here is our favourite quick and easy chocolate cake recipe your guests will love you for!
What you’ll need:
5 medium size eggs
2 cups of caster sugar
1 package of vanilla sugar (or some splashes of vanilla extract)
1 – 2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 cups of sifted white flour
1 cup of Nesquik (or other high quality cocoa powder)
200g grated hazelnuts or almonds
1 cup of sunflower oil
1 cup of sparkling water
1 – 2 chocolate bars and rainbow sugar strands for the coat (you can also use smarties to write on the cake)
You can use either one large round cake tin (26cm) or two smaller ones.
How to do:
- Preheat oven to 175C (fan heat) and grease the cake tin with butter or margarine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and combine with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add baking powder, flour and Nesquik and mix well before adding the grated nuts.
- Add oil and sparkling water and give it a short final mix. Make sure there are no ingredients stuck at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Check regularly and cover if the surface gets too dark.
- Take out and let it cool down a bit before removing the tin. When cake has totally cooled out, put a chocolate coat over it and decorate with sugar strands or smarties.
If you have prepared two small cakes and only used one of them, you can freeze the other one and use it another day. The cakes keeps in the freezer for up to two weeks.