Diablo 4’s big announcement at BlizzCon was a new expansion for Vessel of Hatred, but in the near future, the game is about to… patch in Five new Legendaries to catch starting Tuesday, November 7th.
These aren’t just myths, however, this is based on what the Diablo 4 team has been saying for a while, which is that specialized seasonal powers may eventually end up being added permanently to the game if they’re fun and balanced enough. Now, that’s what happened, as Season 1’s malicious hearts return in the form of malicious episodes.
While Malignant Hearts brought a lot of different powers to the game, this is a streamlined and improved version of some of the favorites in the class. So leave us:
- A rogue and writhing band of deceit – Using the Stratagem skill leaves a decoy that constantly taunts and lures enemies. The decoy trap explodes after 3 seconds, dealing Shadow damage (5,500-8,300). It can happen every 12 seconds.
- The Magician, the ring of Tal Rasha Al-Qahziya -For each type of elemental damage you deal, take increased damage (10-14%) for four seconds. Dealing elemental damage updates all bonuses.
- Barbarian, Red Ring of Rage – After spending 100 Fury within 3 seconds, your next cast of Hammer of the Ancients, Upheaval, or Death Blow is a guaranteed critical hit and deals additional critical hit damage by (10-30%).
- Druid, Airidah’s merciless will – When you use the ultimate skill and again after 5 seconds, you pull enemies away and deal them (1,300-2,700) physical damage. Damage is increased by 1.0%x for every 1 point of Willpower you have.
- Necromancer, Sacred Soul Ring – You automatically activate the following equipped skills on the corpses around you: Lift Skeleton every (1-2) seconds, Corpse Explosion every (1-2) seconds, Corpse Tendrils every (8-16) seconds.
So most of them are very good. Many of them were among the most used powers last season. I was only playing Necromancer at the time, but automatically deploying corpse skills without having to do anything was a godsend, and will be a must have for me.
You’ll farm these from the new endgame boss Varshan the Consumed, which you fight in the Tree of Whispers. It is not seasonal, but will be in any eternal or seasonal world from now on. We can’t guess that maybe a few more vampire powers will end up in the game the next Season, as it really seems intended to serve as a testing ground for new unique rewards. Get ready to plant after Patch Tuesday.
“Certified food guru. Internet maven. Bacon junkie. Tv enthusiast. Avid writer. Gamer. Beeraholic.”