April 13, 2024

Brighton Journal

Complete News World

The World Health Organization says that Nasser Hospital in Gaza stopped working after the Israeli raids

The World Health Organization says that Nasser Hospital in Gaza stopped working after the Israeli raids

Comment on the photo,

Some Palestinian patients were evacuated to Rafah, where Israel pledged to go next.

The World Health Organization said that Nasser Hospital in Gaza stopped working after an Israeli raid.

IDF forces entered the compound on Thursday, saying intelligence indicated that hostages taken by Hamas were being held there.

The World Health Organization said it was not allowed to enter the site to assess the situation.

Israel is focusing its campaign against Hamas in the city of Khan Yunis in southern Gaza and has indicated that it may continue south until Rafah.

The head of the World Health Organization, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, previously said on Twitter, “Nasser Hospital in Gaza is no longer functioning after a week-long siege followed by a continuous raid.”

He added: “Yesterday and the day before, the WHO team was not allowed to enter the hospital to assess patients' conditions and critical medical needs, although they arrived at the hospital complex to deliver fuel alongside partners.”

“There are still about 200 patients in the hospital. At least 20 patients need urgent referral to other hospitals to receive health care. Medical referral is every patient’s right.”

The Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza says only four medical staff remain in the hospital and they are trying to care for the remaining patients.

A source inside the hospital, who requested to remain anonymous, told BBC News that 11 patients died due to a lack of electricity and oxygen, and several doctors were arrested.

Yesterday, the Israeli army said that its forces were informed to continue operating the hospital, and food and water were delivered. Asked about the hospital's condition this morning, an army spokesman said they were examining the hospital.

The fighting over Nasser's site has been raging for weeks. Israel has repeatedly claimed that Hamas uses hospitals, along with schools, as operating bases.

The Israeli army says it killed about 20 Hamas fighters and seized many weapons in the hospital area.

The Israeli army said: “Over the past day, dozens of terrorists were eliminated and large quantities of weapons were seized.”

At least 1,200 people were killed during attacks by Hamas-led militants in Israel on October 7 last year.

In response, Israel launched a military campaign in the Gaza Strip. More than 28,400 Palestinians, most of them women and children, have been killed and more than 68,000 others injured since the war began, according to the Hamas-run Health Ministry.

She added that at least 127 Palestinians were killed and 205 others were injured during the past 24 hours.

“The pattern in the last few days [is] “It is not very promising, but as I always repeat, we will always remain optimistic and we will always maintain pressure,” Sheikh Mohammed said during a meeting of world leaders at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he sent negotiators at the request of US President Joe Biden, but added that they did not return for further discussions because Hamas's demands were “fictitious.”

Hamas accused Israel of not making progress in reaching a ceasefire agreement.

Netanyahu also reiterated that the Israeli government is continuing to push its ground invasion of Gaza south, and taking control of the Rafah area, despite international pressure not to do so without first having a plan to evacuate Palestinian civilians who fled there during the first days. From the war.

There are about 1.5 million people in Rafah, near the border with Egypt, after Israeli forces asked them to seek safety there while Hamas targets were attacked in northern and then central Gaza.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi affirmed on Saturday his opposition to any forced displacement of Palestinians to the Egyptian Sinai desert.

In a phone call with French President Emmanuel Macron, the two leaders instead agreed on “the need to quickly advance a ceasefire,” according to a summary.

Sisi has always stressed that the only solution is to establish an independent state for the Palestinians.

Video explanation,

Watch: Protesters in Tel Aviv demand Netanyahu to resign

However, Netanyahu announced on Sunday that his government had voted unanimously in favor of official opposition to what it called “unilateral recognition” of Palestinian statehood.

He said that any such agreement must be reached through direct negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians.

A government statement said, “Israel rejects explicit international dictates regarding reaching a permanent agreement with the Palestinians. If an agreement is reached, it will only be reached through direct negotiations between the two sides, without preconditions.”

See also  A DUP deal aimed at restoring power-sharing in Northern Ireland has been published