I hope April is treating you well so far! Today I’m going to be sharing with you one of my favourite recipes of all time… banana bread!
I love banana bread for so many reasons, but especially because it means whenever you have a few soft bananas left over in the fruit bowl, they won’t go to waste!
This recipe is full of lots of healthy fats and protein so would make a great on-the-go breakfast option, or is great to simply enjoy with a cuppa’ in the evening!
I hope you give this one a try and love it as much as I do!
- 4/5 super ripe bananas
- 1 cup each of: almonds, walnuts and peanuts (you could substitute any of these options for your nuts of choice).
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup (agave would work too!)
- 4tbsp chia seeds
- 3tbsp of cinnamon
note to you: if you don’t have any spelt flour, don’t worry! Just blend a heaped cup of porridge oats to make oat flour instead.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C and gather all your ingredients
- Pulse each of the nuts into a flour and place in a large glass bowl
- Blend banana into a smooth puree and add to the bowl
- Add all your other ingredients into the bowl and begin incorporating everything together
- You’re looking for a batter that will have the consistency inbetween a cake mix/bread/cookie dough
- Next, grease a loaf tin and empty the mixture into it
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes, or until you pull a BBQ skewer out clean.
- Serve warm or store in an air-tight tin/freezer
I hope this recipe treats you well!