June 25, 2024

Brighton Journal

Complete News World

Steve Buscemi’s alleged attacker arrested and charged in New York City

Steve Buscemi’s alleged attacker arrested and charged in New York City

A man accused of randomly beating film and TV star Steve Buscemi has been arrested, according to the NYPD.

NYPD identified the suspect as 50-year-old homeless man, Clifton Williams. He is charged with second-degree assault. The crime is a Class D felony and carries a potential penalty of up to seven years in prison. Second-degree assault is also classified as a violent felony, and a judge must impose a sentence of at least two years in prison.

Buscemi, 66, was punched last week while walking in the Kips Bay area of ​​Manhattan. the Empire Corridor And The soprano Police said the star suffered a black eye and bleeding in the May 8 ambush.

Law enforcement sources said Williams changed his appearance and fled Manhattan, where Buscemi was being treated in a hospital.

Buscemi was the latest celebrity to be randomly attacked on the streets of New York City.

The attack, which occurred in broad daylight, is just one of many celebrity incidents that have occurred over the past few years. Comedian Rick Moranis, Michael Stuhlbarg (who was on the show Empire Corridor with Buscemi), and reality star Bethenny Frankel among other victims.

The random attack on Buscemi happened around 11:48 a.m. Wednesday in front of 369 Third Ave., cops said.

Witnesses told ABC’s New York affiliate that Buscemi, a former firefighter who visited Ground Zero in the wake of September 11 to volunteer alongside his former battalion, chased his attacker after the surprise attack.

Buscemi has had a celebrated career. He has appeared in films Fargo And reservoir dogs, And in the TV series Curb your enthusiasmamong many others.

See also  A Bay Area teenager fills in for the drummer role for Pearl Jam on the Auckland Show