The Detroit Lions now have 18 rookies under contract, including three of their draft picks from the 2023 NFL Draft.
Photo by Todd Kirkland/Getty Images
The Detroit Lions announced Friday morning that they have signed 18 starters to their roster: three from 2023. NFL Draft picks and 15 additional non-designated rookies.
The draft pick now officially under contract is third-round quarterback Hendon Hooker, fifth-round offensive lineman Colby Sursdale and seventh-round receiver Antoine Green.
Here are the fifteen unqualified starters signed by Lions:
- QB Adrian Martinez, Kansas State
- Muhammad Ibrahim, Minnesota
- WR Chase Cota, Oregon
- WR Keaton Thompson, Virginia
- OL Connor Galvin, Baylor
- OL Brad Cecil, South Florida
- OL Ryan Swoboda, Central Florida
- DL Cory Durden, North Carolina State
- DL Zach Morton, Akron
- DL Chris Smith, Notre Dame
- LB Isaac d’Arcangelo, Illinois
- LB Trevor Nowaske, Saginaw Valley State
- CB Stephen Gilmore, Marshall
- CB Starling Thomas V, UAB
- S Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame
That leaves five Lions draft picks that remain unsigned: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, LB Jack Campbell, TE Sam LaPorta, DB Brian Branch, and DT Brodric Martin.
Although still unsigned, these five players are still eligible to participate in the Lions’ three-day rookie mini-session, which begins on Friday and runs through Sunday.
We’ll have more on the Lions’ UDFA chapter later on Friday, and we’ll have coverage from the Lions rookie minicamp later this weekend.
“Devoted travel trailblazer. Freelance beer scholar. Passionate analyst. Hardcore twitter fanatic.”
Jose Mourinho was accused of abusing the referee after EL’s final loss
Heat vs. Nuggets, how to watch, odds, where to stream and more
Tom Brady says he is “sure” he will never play again