America And United Kingdom They launched airstrikes against the targets on Thursday Houthi rebels Inside Yemen In response to a series of attacks that disrupted merchant shipping in the Red Sea. Within hours of the operation, videos surfaced showing the used planes taking off.
The images of the American plane were shared by the official X account CENTCOM, with a statement. According to the information mentioned, the attack took place on January 11, 02:30 (Sanaa time) with the coordination and support of the United Kingdom. Australia, Canada, Netherlands and Bahrain. Besides, New Zealand, South Korea, Denmark And Germany upheld the decision.
“This multinational operation targeted radar systems, air defense systems, and one-way attack unmanned aerial systems, storage and launch sites for cruise missiles and ballistic missiles,” they said. Even so, the measures adopted were limited, reflecting a reluctance to escalate the conflict.
First, the President confirmed the attack Joe BidenHe announced shortly afterwards that the maneuver was “successful”.
“These targeted strikes are a clear message that the United States and our allies will not tolerate attacks on our personnel or allow hostile actors to interfere with freedom of navigation on one of the world's most important trade routes. I will not hesitate to order additional measures to protect our people and preserve the free flow of international trade,” he said. The President added in a statement.
The US and UK operation arises in response to a series of attacks by Houthi fighters since October 17, 2023, in which, “Backed by Iran, it has attacked and harassed 27 ships in international sea lanes“, charged by CENTCOM.
“These attacks are unrelated and independent Operation Prosperity GuardianA defense alliance of more than 20 countries operates in the Red Sea, the Bab al-Mandeb Strait and the Gulf of Aden.
General regarding this Michael Eric GuerrillaUSCENTCOM's commander said: “We hold the Houthi militias and their destabilizing Iranian backers responsible for the illegal, indiscriminate and reckless attacks on international shipping that have so far affected 55 countries and endangered the lives of hundreds of sailors.
The attack happened hours after the Secretary of State. Anthony Blinkenwill complete an international tour through Middle East It was aimed at garnering support for more aggressive action against the Houthis, who he stressed would “have to face consequences” if the offensive continued at sea.
Houthi Deputy Foreign Minister Hussein al-Ezzi expressed himself by writing on his social networks: “There is no doubt that our country has been subjected to massive aggression by American and British ships, submarines and warplanes. States and Great Britain must be prepared to pay a high price. Washington and He also threatened that both London would “bear the terrible consequences of this flagrant aggression”.
The airstrikes mark a significant escalation in the conflict with the Iran-backed group, which began harassing merchant ships shortly after Hamas militants attacked Israel. Gaza Strip.
Iran went further on Thursday when it seized an oil tanker off the coast of Oman. This incident directly implicates him in the maritime turmoil gripping the Middle East.
“Introvert. Thinker. Problem solver. Evil beer specialist. Prone to fits of apathy. Social media expert. Award-winning food fanatic.”