April 25, 2024

Brighton Journal

Complete News World

Transcripts After the Alleged Assault Released by a Lawyer – Variety

Transcripts After the Alleged Assault Released by a Lawyer – Variety

Jonathan Majors’ attorney released text messages Thursday that purportedly came from the woman he is accused of assaulting, who appears to take responsibility for the fight.

According to the messages, which have not been independently verified, Ms Majors then wrote “I told them it was my fault for trying to take your phone”. She also said she was “outraged” by Majors’ arrest, and that she had made it clear that the charges did not have her blessing.

“I reiterated how this was not an attack,” the alleged woman wrote. The person who texted also implies that she got “hurt” and that we “had a fight.”

A representative for the NYPD said, “We have an active and ongoing investigation but cannot comment beyond that.”

Majors was arrested over the weekend in Manhattan and charged with assault and harassment following a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old woman, according to authorities. After the NYPD on Saturday responded to a 911 call at a Chelsea apartment, Majors was taken into custody without incident. The unnamed victim was later taken to hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities.

“Mr. Majors categorically denies assaulting the woman,” criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry said in a statement Thursday. She also claims that it was Majors who called 911.

Chaudhry added, “The police arrived with the paramedics, as is usual, and arrested Mr. Majors due to NYPD protocol which requires an arrest in certain circumstances.” “She also disavowed any allegations that he did anything to her and maintained that Mr. Majors called 911 because of her mental state.”

See also  Where are all new national film registry entries broadcast

In three sets of letters—provided by Chaudhry and redacted to protect the woman’s privacy—the woman allegedly wrote, “Please let me know you’re fine when you get this. They assured me you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you in protocol when they saw the injuries on me.” And they knew we had a fight. I’m so mad that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in that position. We’ll make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone. You just got out of the hospital. Just call me when you’re out. I love you.”

In a follow-up text message, sent a few hours later, she said: “They called again to check on me, and I reiterated how this was not an attack and that they do not have my blessing to press any charges. And it must be removed immediately. It will definitely be told to the judge. You’ve secured this for me. I know you have the best team and you don’t have to worry, I just want you to know I’m doing everything I can. I also said to tell the judge to know that the origin of the call was about my breakdown and my coming out and your concern As my partner because of our previous connection. Outside of care. I was promised that everything would be passed on.”

Chaudhry has previously said that there is evidence exonerating Majors. A representative for Majors’ company also denied the allegations after Majors’ release on Saturday night. He did nothing wrong, the publisher said. diverse. “We look forward to clearing his name and making that clear.”

See also  The company says Kanye West is an escort from the Skechers office

Majors, who is nominated for an Emmy for HBO’s “Lovecraft Country,” recently appeared in “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.” He also won acclaim for “Magazine Dreams,” which premiered at Sundance and was acquired by Searchlight Pictures. It is set to be released on December 8th.