June 22, 2024

Brighton Journal

Complete News World

YouTube star Ben Schneider walks among abandoned skyscrapers in Los Angeles in a “scary” scene: video

YouTube star Ben Schneider walks among abandoned skyscrapers in Los Angeles in a “scary” scene: video

US News

A thrill-seeker was captured on video walking across two abandoned Los Angeles skyscrapers on a tightrope, and now police are on the hunt.

Ben Schneider walked slowly but surely across two graffiti-marked towers about 500 feet off the ground while using a tightrope and wearing a safety harness. According to KNBC.

The 28-year-old managed to move from side to side as he kept his arms outstretched to maintain his balance while a few of his companions picked up the heartbeat. moment on tapeincluding with the help of a drone.

Ben Schneider posted a video on YouTube of himself walking on a tightrope across the Twin Towers earlier this month. Ben Schneider/KABC

The life-threatening hoax was then posted online.

“It was very scary. “I was looking down… When you get scared you start shaking, and when you shake, the line shakes and then you fall,” Schneider He told ABC 7 Los Angeles.

“I didn’t want to fall. You just have to calm your mind.”

He told the station that while the buildings were under police guard, a group of friends held up religious banners as a trap as he sneaked into one of the vacant buildings and reached the top.

He added during the interview: “The police are definitely following me, and that is why conducting this interview represents a great risk for me.”

The 28-year-old successfully moved from side to side, keeping his arms outstretched to maintain his balance. A few friends captured the painful moment on video, including with the help of a drone. Ben Schneider/KABC
The Los Angeles Police Department said they are currently investigating the death-defying video. Ben Schneider/KABC

“There’s a police officer over there,” Schneider said, pointing to a police car. “If a police officer turns his head and looks at me, I’m in prison… With great risk, comes great reward.”

The Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement that it had opened an investigation into the incident. According to the Los Angeles Times.

See also  Harry and Meghan accept the award in New York ahead of the release of the Netflix series

“It is not safe and poses a risk to hackers, the general public and public safety officials, including our Fire Department in the event of an emergency,” the department stated.

The buildings had been under construction for years before the developer ran out of money in 2019, leaving them barren and a magnet for graffiti artists, the newspaper reported.




Load more…









https://nypost.com/2024/05/22/us-news/youtube-star-ben-schneider-walks-between-abandoned-la-skyscrapers-in-scary-stunt-video/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site %20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Copy the share URL