USMNT vs Uzbekistan
September 9, 2023
city park; St. Louis, MO.
Pregame coverage: 4pm ET on TNT, Telemundo, Universo, Peacock
Start: 4:30 PM ET on TNT, Telemundo, Universo, Peacock, Radio Futbol de Primera
Social Media: @USMNT Twitter And Instagram; American football on Facebook American football app
USMNT starting lineup tonight against Uzbekistan: 1-Matt Turner, 2-Serginio Dest, 4-Chris Richards, 5-Anthony Robinson, 6-Younes Moussa, 8-Weston McKennie, 10-Christian Pulisic, 13-Tim Ream (captain), 14-Luca de la Torre. 20-Folarin Balogun, 21-Tim Weah
Subs: 18-Ethan Horvath, 3-Mark McKenzie, 7-Cade Coyle, 9-Riccardo Pepe, 11-Brenden Aaronson, 12-Miles Robinson, 15-Ben Crimachi, 16-Tanner Tessman, 17-Malik Tillman, 19-Joe . Scully, 22-Kevin Paredes, 23-Christopher Lund
Game notes | Five things to know about Uzbekistan
- USMNT key players numbers (including this match): Christian Pulisic (61), Tim Ream (52), Weston McKennie (45), Anthony Robinson (37), Matt Turner (33), Tim Weah (32), Younis Musa (28), Serginho Dest (27), Luca de la Torre (17), Chris Richards (11), Folarin Balogun (3).
- The average age of today’s starting lineup is 25 years Years, 140 days. The squad also averages 30 caps.
- Nine of the starting lineup are 26 or younger: Anthony Robinson (26); Luca de la Torre and Weston McKennie (25); Christian Pulisic (24); Chris Richards and Tim Weah (23); Folarin Balogun and Serginho Dest (22); Younis Musa (20).
- Seven players started the 2023 CONCACAF Nations League Final victory over Canada: goalkeeper Matt Turner, defenders Chris Richards and Anthony Robinson, midfielder Yunus Musa, and forwards Folarin Balogun, Christian Pulisic and Tim Weah.
- Veteran defenseman Tim Ream leads the team today in his hometown of St. Louis. This is Ream’s eighth time wearing the captaincy and comes in his third AFL appearance for the Gateway City, having previously played in a 6-1 World Cup qualifier against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on 13 November 2015 and a 1-1 win. Draw with Uruguay on September 10, 2019. Both matches were played at Busch Stadium.
- Ream and Chris Richards are partners at centre-back for the first time.
- Christian Pulisic gets his 50th start at 61 years oldstreet Hat for the US national team for men. Pulisic is 42Abbreviation II Player to start 50 games for the USMNT.
- Goalkeeper Matt Turner makes his ninth appearance in charge of the team for 2023. Turner has started 15 of the USMNT’s 16 matches played during FIFA international windows dating back to the friendly match against Japan on September 23, 2022 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Luca de la Torre is making his second start of 2023. De la Torre last started and also had two assists in a 7-1 win over Grenada in the CONCACAF Nations League group stage on March 24 in St. George’s.
- Folarin Balogun and Chris Richards make their debut against an AFC opponent.
- Three substitutes can make their international debut: defender Christopher Lund, midfielder Ben Crimachi and striker Kevin Paredes.
- Nelson Salgado from Honduras is the referee for today’s match. This is the first USMNT match he officiated.
- Six substitutions are allowed at three different moments. The first half is not considered a substitution moment.
- Gregg Berhalter begins his second tour with the US Men’s National Team today against Uzbekistan. Berhalter has a 37-11-12 record in 60 games as a head coach and is 2-1-1 against AFC opposition.
- This is the first meeting between the United States of America and Uzbekistan at the high international level. the White wolves It is USMNT 101street International opponent of all time and 11y A different team from the Asian Football Confederation.
- Prior to today’s game, USA Soccer will honor 26 U.S. Men’s National Team alumni from St. Louis. A total of 76 St. Louis players have earned at least one cap with the USMNT – making the Gateway City the third-highest represented metro area ever for a national team, behind only Southern California and the New York/New Jersey metropolitan areas. .
- Honorees will be given a T-shirt bearing their unique USMNT number. The unique USMNT number is determined by the order in which each player earned his national team debut. See the full list and learn more about Your unique USMNT number is here.
- Full list of honorees (Caps; USMNT years): David Prysek (4; 1979-1985), Brad Davis (17; 2005-2014), Art “Buzz” Demling (4; 1973-1975), Don Drooge (8; 1977-1979), Steve Fox (1; 1988), Tom Galati (1; 1975), Gene Gamer (6; 1972-1973), Carl Gentile (6; 1968), Ted Hantak (3; 1987), Larry Holser (8; 1979-1980), Ty Keo ( 8; 1979-1980), Bob Matteson (2; 1974), Pat McBride (5; 1969-1975), Matt McKeon (2; 1999), James Murphy (2; 1957), Steve Becher (17; 1976-1980 ), Gary Rensing (4; 1972), Mark Santell (8; 1988-1997), Frank Simek (5; 2007), Mike Sorber (67; 1992-1997), Jimmy Swanner (1; 1984), Steve Tritschuh (37 1987-1995), Tim Twellman (1; 1982), Perry Van Der Beek (23; 1979-1985), Denny Vaninger (3; 1974-1975), Greg Villa (18; 1977-1980).