The Los Angeles District Attorney chose not to proceed with charges against Armie Hammer arising from a 2021 Los Angeles Police Department investigation, due to a lack of corroborating evidence.
Sexual assault cases are often difficult to prove, which is why we hired the most experienced prosecutors to review them. In this case, these prosecutors have conducted a very thorough review, but have determined that, at this time, there is insufficient evidence to charge Mr. Hammer with a crime,” said Tiffany Blacknell, director of the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office of Communications, Hollywood Reporter in the current situation.
“As prosecutors, we have an ethical responsibility to charge only cases that we can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. We know it is difficult for women to report sexual assault. Even when we can’t move forward with a trial, our Victims Service Representatives will be We are available to those seeking our victim support services. Because of the complexity of the relationship and the inability to prove a non-consensual forced sexual encounter, we are unable to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt,” she added.
In the wake of the indictment, Hummer On Instagram thanks Los Angeles DA’s office to review it. “I am grateful to the District Attorney for conducting a thorough investigation and coming to the conclusion that I stood by all this time, and that no crime was committed,” he wrote.
Hammer previously denied the allegations through a 2021 statement to THR From his legal representative, Andrew Brettler.
He’s now looking to put the criminal investigation behind him, Hammer said on his Instagram. He added, “I am looking forward to beginning what will be a long and difficult process of putting my life back together again now that my name has been cleared.”
The Los Angeles Police Department in February 2021 began investigating Hammer for sexual assault in a case involving Efrosina Angelova, who said in a press conference in March 2021 that the actor raped her in 2017. This came after several women came forward with allegations of misconduct. against Hammer in January 2021.
Following these allegations, the actor was dropped by his representation, including WME, and he pulled out of a number of projects, including a Broadway run. MinutesFilm projects gun wedding And Billion dollar spy So is Paramount+ Spiritual father TV series the offer.
May 31, 2:36 p.m Updated with Armie Hammer’s statement on Instagram.
“Freelance entrepreneur. Communicator. Gamer. Explorer. Pop culture practitioner.”