Forecasters are a terrible predictor Heat wave Apart from Patagonia, a nice part of Argentina this week. They estimate that the temperature will fluctuate 30 to 42 degrees.
Experts say that an outside temperature of 35 degrees is equivalent to an hour in the sun, causing the temperature inside cars to reach 55 degrees.
It’s not a small fact: can be driven with heat They suffer from attention disorders and their psychomotor skills Like he was drunk.
The temperature inside the car is 30 degrees Effects such as a blood alcohol level of 0.5 per liter of blood Based on the loss of ability to appreciate the environment and act quickly and smoothly, concluded a study carried out by the Spanish site Autopista.
When the passenger compartment reaches 30 degrees, Driving errors increase by 20 percent and reaction time by 22 percentAnother investigation carried out in Germany confirms: “The risk of shock increases from 24 degrees.”
How about the Japanese trick to reduce the heat in the car
It sounds funny, but it is very useful. If passengers open and close the door five or six times before boarding, the temperature will drop significantly.
They did a test in Japan and showed that in a car with an interior temperature of 41.6 degrees, opening and closing the door reduced it to 33.5.
Other tips to keep your car cool:
- Don’t stop in the sun: As far as possible, it is recommended to leave the car in the shade.
- Install sun shades on the windshield and rear window: They are useful in reducing the penetration of sun rays into the interior of the vehicle. They also help keep items in good condition while driving.
- Use steering wheel covers: If the car is in the sun for a long time, the temperature of the steering wheel may exceed 70 degrees.
- Keep the windows slightly open when parking: This will allow air circulation and hence, reduce the heat inside the car. Of course: it increases the risk of theft.
- Run the first five blocks with air and windows open: If the car is closed, it is recommended to facilitate air exchange in this way. Then, roll up the windows and let the air out.
Tips for driving on hot days
- Stay well hydrated: It is recommended to drink water before and during driving.
- Avoid peak hours like afternoon: Whenever possible, do not expose yourself to this time of day.
- Do not eat high calorie foods: Increases feeling of weight and sleepiness.
- Wear loose clothing, light and light fabrics: The driver can feel more refreshed.
- Do not use flip flops: Driving is dangerous.
- Do not open the sunroof: The car should always be fully covered.
- Plan rest stops: In case of signs of fatigue or long journeys, it is recommended to stop, refresh yourself and then continue.
“Introvert. Thinker. Problem solver. Evil beer specialist. Prone to fits of apathy. Social media expert. Award-winning food fanatic.”