At the very least Eight people It turns out Injuries, Three of them seriously As a result exploded This happened on Friday morning in a building From Villa Biarritz near the exclusive district Punta Carretas in Montevideo, Uruguay.
in place Firefighters, police officers and emergency medical personnel are on dutyWHO He evacuated the occupants of the building and surroundings.
Eight people have been injured so far, according to the National Directorate of Firefighters of Uruguay. Three Among them were They were sent to various health centers in the area Five others assisted at the scene.
Jose Antonio Rogriques, Director of the Emergency Medical Care System (same), confirmed to GO Noticias. “Eight people injured” added that “All the people who needed help were already there.”
One of the three seriously injured A Carbon monoxide poisoningwhat The airway was compromised and the other two were affected burning varying intensity.
All this happened around 9.00 am today Building located on Leyenda Patria and Hidalgos Streets, In Villa Biarritz, near the exclusive Punta Carretas district of Montevideo.
According to the report, the More damage were produced in Second and third floor of property, Recorded on this top site fire.
Neighbor’s Dramatic Testimony: “Heard An Impressive Noise”
Alexander, A A neighbor of the building that exploded In Montevideo this morning, El Pais told the newspaper what the moment of the explosion was like. “Heard an interesting sound, glass, frames falling from you”said the victim with a cut on his head.
Neighbors say they were in their home when the building exploded, “making a sub” and heard an “interesting noise” followed by several items falling. “I don’t understand anything, I’m dizzy”he added.
“I was able to get out and there was debris and water on some floors. The elevator has inward doors, so it was difficult to go, but I helped my neighbor and got down.”he added.
Regarding the possible reasons for what happened, the man pointed out that for several days in the building they felt a “Strange Smell” That “could be” That was gas.
Causes of eruption
Although a version was circulated in the Uruguayan media that the explosion may have occurred BoilerStill the Experts and authorities are not saying exactly what happened.
The home Minister From Uruguay, Louis Albert HeberHe went to the blast site and spoke to reporters for a while. “It was a disaster, it was on the third floor and we didn’t know why”He said.
The building sustained significant structural damage, officials said. He denied that there was a risk of collapse. However, they asked people not to go near the area as there is still glass and other items that could pose a hazard. “There is broken glass on the perimeter of another block, so this primary zone is a red work zone, we advise people not to circulate”Director of SAME said.
“Introvert. Thinker. Problem solver. Evil beer specialist. Prone to fits of apathy. Social media expert. Award-winning food fanatic.”