This is the place to check scores and comment on new episodes of AEW commotion And Collision, airs live tonight (November 25) starting at 7 PM ET on TNT. The show comes our way from the Peterson Events Center in Pittsburgh.
commotion Wheeler Yuta will feature challenging Katsuyori Shibata for the Ring of Honor Pure Championship.
Then at 8pm ET Collision, the Continental Classic kicks off with our first Blue League matches getting underway – and they are good ones! Claudio Castagnoli faces Daniel Gracia, while Eddie Kingston goes one-on-one with House of Black’s Brody King! Plus more fallout from last Saturday Full rush PPV, and more!
Come back here at 8pm ET when Collision (And commotion) The live blog begins as soon as the show starts on TNT. It will be under this line here.
Enjoy the show!
AEW Frenzy & Collision Results for November. 25
- The frenzy begins with Wooooo! The energy is in your face. FTW Champion HOOK comes out for the opening match.
- Hawkeye defeats Rocky Romero. Rocky played the role of a villain and was described as an international gatekeeper for NJPW. Rocky controlled most of the match and nearly put Hawk away twice, but Hawk countered a sliced bread submission Redrum for the victory.
- There’s a video hyping Rampage’s main event, Katsuyori Shibata’s defense of the ROH Pure Championship against Wheeler Yuta. Yuta says he’s a prick ready to kick Shibata’s head and end his career to regain that title.
- Kris Statlander defeats Diamanti. Mercedes Martinez came down to ringside to watch the match. Diamante had Chris reeling with a face plant on the mat and multiple roll up near falls. Statlander then caught her with the discus for the win.
- Mercedes jumps on Statlander after the bell and Diamanti joins her in a double beatdown on Statlander. Willow Nightingale comes out to the rescue, pulling Statlander out of the ring to safety.
- Daniel Garcia said his confidence was at an all-time low heading into the Continental Classic, given his three straight losses. He feels like a loser when he sees so many people saying he’s just fodder in this tournament to eat pins for the best players. Garcia is determined to prove them all wrong.
- Matt Taven and Mike Bennett cut a promo from the entrance ramp and said Roderick Strong is a hero for surviving Action Andretti’s attempt to kill him last week. They confirm that Adam Cole is still Roddy’s best friend, and that MJF is the devil. They want the ROH tag team titles and they are coming to win them from MJF.
- The Kingdom defeats two workers. This was a very quick crush, with one of the employers being pushed off the cliff.
- Wheeler Yuta defeated Katsuyori Shibata to become the new ROH Pure Champion. Shibata stretched Yuta with several bows and arrows early on. Shibata gets a knee on the mat until Yuta has to use a rope break at 3:17. Yuta is then issued a warning for a closed fist strike to the face. Yuta lands multiple forearm strikes on Shibata’s face on the mat as we go to commercial. Yuta chops down Shibata in the corner as we come back from the break at 8:10. Shibata fires up and turns the tables, chest chopping Yuta into oblivion. He follows that up with a big headbutt on Yuta against the turnbuckle. Shibata traps Yuta in an ankle lock, then turns it into an STF as Yuta crawls near the ropes. Yuta holds the rope tight to break the rope a second time. Yuta escapes the sleeper hold and dives on Shibata on the outside. Shibata grabs Wheeler with his running shoes and brings him back into the ring. Wheeler tries to cheat with his feet on the ropes for a pin attempt, but Shibata snaps. Shibata complains to the referee. Yuta nails him with a low kick while the referee isn’t looking and then drops him on his head for the win.
- Wheeler is a jerk and goes for a handshake after the match. Shibata was understandably upset, so Yuta hit him with another low blow and a DDT on the mat. Hawk comes out and walks to the ring, so he saves Wheeler and returns to the ramp gloating about his championship win.
- Shibata kneels in pain and commentators say “this is exactly what happened in 2017” as Rampage goes off the air.
- The clash begins with the participants in tonight’s Continental Classic tournament as they explain why they won.
“Freelance entrepreneur. Communicator. Gamer. Explorer. Pop culture practitioner.”