Former President of Bolivia Evo Morales condemned the theft of his cell phone during a campaign event this Monday And hinted that the alleged theft may be part of it.attack” to harm him.
“The theft of my cell phone happened in the presence of a government minister and his security. This is the first time in all these years of political activity that something like this has happened to us,” Morales wrote on his Twitter account.
The former president participated in a campaign event this Sunday in La Guardia, a municipality in the Santa Cruz region. It is the main political stronghold of the Bolivian opposition.
“We don’t think this is part of a planned attack to harm us”, Morales denounced the alleged theft of his cell phone.
The local media learned that the cell phone had been lost. A police operation used to locate the phone has been criticized by some opposition politicians and citizens.
Morales reiterated that in the face of any effort increasing Or Handling The information on his cell phone will provide the respective complaints.
“Since we started the political struggle to protect our people against neoliberal governments, we have faced attacks and false war propaganda. We have nothing to hide. We will report any attempt to use frame-ups or misrepresentations against us“, he said.
For his part, ruling Movement for Socialism (MAS) deputy Juanito Angulo told local media that the alleged theft of Morales’ cell phone “Penetration“The opposition and even spoke”threats” from the US Embassy against the former president.
Angle pointed out “This is an important leader’s cell phone” And “certainly he has important information on political affairs” and that In no way can it be said that he has information related to drug trafficking.
He hopes the police will soon Establish what happened to the mobile phone of the former president and chairman of MAS.
(with information from EFE)
“Introvert. Thinker. Problem solver. Evil beer specialist. Prone to fits of apathy. Social media expert. Award-winning food fanatic.”